DOCman 2.0 beta to DOCman 2.0 stableLast updated: 21 August 2017
If you are unsure about the upgrade or have questions related to your setup, you can contact us and we can make sure everything is in order together.
- Backup, make sure you have a working backup of your site that includes your files
- Clean cache, clean your Joomla cache to prevent any issues since DOCman uses a new caching system.
- EXTman, install the latest EXTman package
- DOCman, install the latest DOCman package
- Optional, install the latest FILEman and LOGman packages if you use them on your site. Since all our extensions share a common base framework your site might stop functioning if you don't upgrade all extensions together.
After upgrading from an early DOCman 2 release to the latest DOCman version, you need execute a couple of manual actions to complete the process.
When you upgrade from DOCman 2.0 beta 2 the following changes are automatically made:
- Your Menu Items for Category and All categories types will automatically be migrated to a new List type.
- If your file names had international characters and punctuation marks in them, they were stored using a special technique. This made it hard to manager your files over FTP and other programs so we made sure they are renamed automatically to corresponding names.
- A new database column is added to DOCman table.
There are two directories in your images folder called
docman-images. These directories should be moved into
You need to run the following SQL queries to make sure icons and images for your documents continue working. Don’t forget to replace
#__ with your Joomla table prefix.
UPDATE `#__files_containers` SET `path` = 'joomlatools-files/docman-images' WHERE `path` = 'images/docman-images'; UPDATE `#__files_containers` SET `path` = 'joomlatools-files/docman-icons' WHERE `path` = 'images/docman-icons';
ALTER TABLE `#__docman_documents` MODIFY `description` longtext COMMENT ''; ALTER TABLE `#__docman_documents` ADD COLUMN `image` varchar(512) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `description`; ALTER TABLE `#__docman_categories` ADD COLUMN `image` varchar(512) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `description`; ALTER TABLE `#__docman_documents` ADD COLUMN `publish_on` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AFTER `access`, ADD COLUMN `unpublish_on` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AFTER `publish_on`; ALTER TABLE `#__docman_category_relations` ADD KEY `path_index` (`descendant_id`);
Go to the Configuration in DOCman backend and change your file storage path to