Setup document approval workflowLast updated: 16 June 2021
- Registered users are allowed to upload documents.
- A moderator is notified when new documents are uploaded.
- Documents need to be approved by the moderator before getting published.
- Navigate to Components > DOCman > Categories
- Create a category called Approval Queue
- Under Permission set Access to Presets and select Registered
- Under Permission set Owner to the moderator user
- Navigate to Menus > Main menu > Add New Menu Item
- Set Title to Submit Documents
- Set Menu Item Type to DOCman > Submit Document
- Set Access to Registered
- In the DOCman tab set Category to Approval Queue
- In the DOCman tab set Publish automatically to No
- Set Title to All Documents.
- Set Menu Item Type to Flat List.
- Set Categories to All categories.
- Enable the document search parameter (and disable other search fields if necessary)
- Set Access to Special.
- Click Save & Close
Install the Notify plugin and make sure that Notify category owner is enabled in the plugin settings.
Front-end users in the Uploaders user group can upload documents by going to the Submit Documents menu item.
The moderator is notified when a document is uploaded in the Approval Queue category. From the front-end he can move the document to its desired category before publishing it.