Migrate DOCman 2 to a different siteLast updated: 22 October 2022
- Backup, the backup
- Export from the old site
- Import in the new site
- Move files
- Check menu items
- Check modules
If you need to migrate a DOCman 1.x installation check our DOCman 1.x to DOCman 2.x upgrade tutorial.
Everything except the uploaded files. You will need to move the uploaded files manually.
Before you start the migration process please make a full backup of your site.
- Upgrade EXTman and DOCman to the latest versions
- Go to EXTman in the components list and click Export on the sidebar
- Select DOCman from the component list and click Export
- After the process is complete, you should have an export file downloaded
- Install the latest EXTman and DOCman versions in the new site
- Go to EXTman in the components list and click Import on the sidebar
- Select the export file you downloaded from the old site to start the import process
You also need to move your files to the new site. They are typically found in the
joomlatools-files directory in the root of your site.
Move your files from
OLD_SITE/joomlatools-files into the
DOCman menu items from the old site are migrated into a
Migrated menu items menu type.
We recommend that you move these menu items to the appropriate location using the Menu Manager in the administrator instead of creating new ones.
DOCman modules from the old site are also migrated. You might need to set their position to a different value if the new site is using a different template.