File thumbnails - Automated thumbnail generation
With Joomlatools Connect every uploaded file will get a beautiful thumbnail.
We supports over 20 different file types:
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Image files (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, RAW)
- Microsoft Office (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX)
- Open Document Format (ODT, ODS, ODP, ODG, ODC)
- Text files (TXT, RTF, TSV, TAB)
- Video files (MPG, MP4, 3GPP, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, ..)
Thumbnails will be generated on our servers and automatically copied to your website. It will only take a few seconds.
- Download the package from our Support Center.
- Install using Joomla’s Extensions Manager.
- A thumbnail for existing and new files will be generated automatically.
Note: Only available for Business and Agency subscribers.
Thumbnail generation will only work on a public website, not on a localhost installations. This is because we needs to reach your Joomla site to deliver generated thumbnail.
For testing on a localhost installation use ngrok to expose your local server to the internet.
Privacy & Security
All communication between your application and our servers is encrypted using industry standard SSL/TLS. There is no option to communicate over insecure channels so there shouldn’t be any room for error on this part.
We recommend that your application uses an SSL/TLS encrypted endpoint to receive this payload in a secure way but this is up to you and your specific needs.
In the process generating thumbnails from your files some intermediate copies are created on our worker servers. This is unavoidable since our servers need to be able to read the files to produce thumbnails from them.
Once your thumbnails are generated we copy the resulting files back to your site. Once that’s complete we immediately and permanently delete everything from our servers. That includes all original files, intermediate files and result files.
We only store file name, size, type and other statistics to help us monitor and improve the service. None of your file content is persisted in any of our databases at any point.
You can ask your question or report your problem in our Support Center.