We are pleased to announce the availability of the first alpha of DOCman 2.0. We have worked very hard in the past year to rebuild DOCman from the ground up to take full advantage of the Joomla 2.5 platform.
DOCman 2.0 brings you everything that DOCman 1.x does but in a better, faster and simpler way. Easily upload documents across multiple folders and organise them into categories. Give users permission to upload, download, edit and delete documents. Store documents locally or remotely, on the web or on your intranet.
The development of DOCman 2.0 took longer then expected and we would like to thank all of you for your patience. We hope you like the result as much as we do!
Here is a list of the most significant changes :
- DOCman 2.0 no longer stores its files in one folder. You can now manage files across multiple folders and subfolders using the new file manager.
- The upload and document creation process has been totally revamped. You can now upload **a file and **create **a document with a single click.**
- DOCman Populate functionality has been built-in to allow ** batch creation of documents** with a single click.
- The new file manager allows to drag and drop files. You can** upload multiple files** at once or you can upload remote files from a URL.
- DOCman Thumbs has been integrated and DOCman is now capable of generating** thumbnails on the fly**.
- We have totally revamped DOClink **to make it easier to insert links to documents** into articles, you can now even** insert links to categories** and menu items.
- DOCman 2.0 offers** complete support** for the Joomla ACL system. Define, upload, download, edit and delete permissions per category and/or per document.
- We added a simple way to allow users to submit documents from the **frontend **with integrated notification support. This makes it easy to setup a dropbox on your site.
- You can create** menu links** to all categories, one category or a single document. You can also create a list of documents based on custom filter settings.
- The different modules have been unified **into one DOCman Documents** module that can be used to create different document related modules on your site.
DOCman 2.0 Alpha 1 is **NOT **for use in a production site and is meant for testing purposes only. We do not provide support and do not accept bug reports for alpha releases. But we are happy to hear your feedback for this release. Feel free to pop in at the DOCman support forums.